Wednesday, February 20, 2008

31.R.E.M. - The One I Love (Live At McCabe`s Guitar Shop,1987)





Simply a classic song.total fave of all late '80s indie discos. And why not, as Barry Norman would say were he to enter my body and take control of mind and eye lids.A stellar ironical twisted love song from an amazing place in Michael Stipe's psyche, and great Byrdslike guitars jangle ... and some people still think it's a love song...
This is a live version from a great soundboard show recorded May 24, 1987, at McCabe's Guitar Shop, Santa Monica, featuring R.E.M., Steve Wynn, Natalie Merchant & Opal.



The One I Love

This one goes out to the one I love
This one goes out to the one I've left behind
A simple prop to occupy my time
This one goes out to the one I love

Fire (she's comin' down on her own, now)

This one goes out to the one I love
This one goes out to the one I've left behind
Another prop has occupied my time
This one goes out to the one I love

Fire, fire, fire, fire...


http://www.divshare.com/download/3682451-98e

No comments: